Family Support Officer 4us2
Part time: 16 hours per week
Salary range: £9.00 – 9.50 per hour (depending on experience)
25 days holiday per year (pro rata)
Location- Orchards MASH, Sittingbourne, Kent
4 us 2 is a parent-led charity empowering disabled children, young people and their families across Kent to enjoy better lives, using our specialist knowledge and experience as parents, carers and service users.
- To improve the lives of disabled children and their families by giving them the opportunity to take part in social, educational and networking events.
- To strengthen families’ resilience by signposting to or providing training, community or social events, therefore increasing family cohesion.
- To refer families on to suitable organisations & providers when on-going in-depth support is required.
- 5 GCSE’s and/ or level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Awareness of issues concerning disabled children, young people and their families.
- Experience of working with children with SEN and knowledge of the charity sector, social services and the educational system.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Enhanced DBS disclosure required
- Ability to regularly travel around East Kent
Deadline for applications: midnight on Friday 30th March 2018
Interviews: week beginning Monday 16th April 2018
If you do not receive an invitation to interview by Monday 9th April, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Download the job description and person specification here
For further information or to discuss the role please phone 01843 446030 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org